Sunday, January 9, 2011

Jen Mann

I came across Jen Mann's paintings awhile ago on IndiesArt and saved some of her work in a file on my laptop, which I fortunately just stumbled upon. Jen is an artist out of Mississauga, ON, and graduated from OCAD. I am in love with this girl's work. The way she portrays nature and its relationship with women in her paintings I find to be so soft and beautiful.

Jen's work is an attempt to undress society, to remove ideas of propriety, and to find beauty and peace in the natural and instinctive. Her art is an outlet for images that free her from the weight of the social structure that suffocates creativity.

"Don't hide your face dear"
30" x 24"
Oil on Canvas
2010

"Rushmore"
24" x 30""
Oil on Canvas
2009

The swan is such a magnificent animal - I am so in love with this

No comments:

Post a Comment